- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup low fat buttermilk
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled Braeburn apples (3/4 pound)
- Preheat oven to 350. To prepare streusel, combine 1st 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, cut in 1 tablespoon butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in almonds.
- To prepare cake, beat sugar, cream cheese and � cup butter in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add amaretto, extracts and egg, beat well. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and slat in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a 9 inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray; sharply tap pan once on counter to remove air bubbles. Arrange apple slices over batter; sprinkle with streusel. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
NotesThis is SO yummy!
9 servings (277 calories)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More