- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup low fat buttermilk
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled Braeburn apples (3/4 pound)
- Preheat oven to 350. To prepare streusel, combine 1st 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, cut in 1 tablespoon butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in almonds.
- To prepare cake, beat sugar, cream cheese and � cup butter in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add amaretto, extracts and egg, beat well. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and slat in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a 9 inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray; sharply tap pan once on counter to remove air bubbles. Arrange apple slices over batter; sprinkle with streusel. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
NotesThis is SO yummy!
9 servings (277 calories)
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More