- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 2/3 cups cake flour or 1 ½ cups all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup applesauce**
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup cake or all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash fresh nutmeg (1/8 tsp)
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (don’t need to toast)
- Spray a 9 inch round spring form pan or an 8 inch square metal pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly stir together flour, soda, cinnamon, allspice and brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter, applesauce, sour cream, vanilla and egg. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and stir until mixed. Pour into pan.
- Make streusel. In a mixing bowl or food processor, mix together all dry ingredients then cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over top of cake. Sprinkle nuts over top of streusel.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool slightly. Remove sides of pan and cut into triangles.
- Serves 6
NotesToday was my co-worker's Birthday. Last night I made a cake for her. I was going to bake a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, but, after going to Cookie Madness blog decided to bake her Quick Applesauce Coffee Cake. And it was worth baking. Everyone loved it. The Applesauce.. I made from scratch and my son made Caramel Sauce to go with it. This recipe is included as well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More