- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 2/3 cups cake flour or 1 ½ cups all purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup applesauce**
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup cake or all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash fresh nutmeg (1/8 tsp)
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (don’t need to toast)
- Spray a 9 inch round spring form pan or an 8 inch square metal pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly stir together flour, soda, cinnamon, allspice and brown sugar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter, applesauce, sour cream, vanilla and egg. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and stir until mixed. Pour into pan.
- Make streusel. In a mixing bowl or food processor, mix together all dry ingredients then cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over top of cake. Sprinkle nuts over top of streusel.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool slightly. Remove sides of pan and cut into triangles.
- Serves 6
NotesToday was my co-worker's Birthday. Last night I made a cake for her. I was going to bake a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, but, after going to Cookie Madness blog decided to bake her Quick Applesauce Coffee Cake. And it was worth baking. Everyone loved it. The Applesauce.. I made from scratch and my son made Caramel Sauce to go with it. This recipe is included as well.
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Cartier CreationsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More