- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Marzetti Slaw Dressing
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard or Grey Poupon
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 16 pieces crispy chicken strips, cooked according to package directions
- 8 cups chopped lettuce
- 3 cups coleslaw cabbage mix with carrots
- 2 Tablespoons toasted almond slivers
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- Make dressing first, so it has time to chill. Mix all dressing ingredients together and refrigerate.
- Bake the chicken strips according to the package directions. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, cut the chicken into bit size chunks.
- On 4 serving plates, mix together some of each of the lettuce and coleslaw mix. Top with cut up chicken, almonds and noodles.
- Drizzle the dressing on top right before serving.
- Serves 4
NotesAnother great find on Pinterst! We love Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad but it can get a little pricey feeding our family of 4! I knew I had to try this when I found it and so glad I did! We loved it! I tweaked the amount of Slaw Dressing to our taste and you may want to do the same! The base amount listed is 1/2 cup and I added a little more, tasting as I went and it was fantastic!
If you want a nice, refreshing salad, this is perfect! Yum-O! I love the crunch of the chow mein noodles and toasted almonds!
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
The Naked MacaronSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More