- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAnother great find on Pinterst! We love Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad but it can get a little pricey feeding our family of 4! I knew I had to try this when I found it and so glad I did! We loved it! I tweaked the amount of Slaw Dressing to our taste and you may want to do the same! The base amount listed is 1/2 cup and I added a little more, tasting as I went and it was fantastic!
If you want a nice, refreshing salad, this is perfect! Yum-O! I love the crunch of the chow mein noodles and toasted almonds!
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Marzetti Slaw Dressing
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard or Grey Poupon
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 16 pieces crispy chicken strips, cooked according to package directions
- 8 cups chopped lettuce
- 3 cups coleslaw cabbage mix with carrots
- 2 Tablespoons toasted almond slivers
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- Make dressing first, so it has time to chill. Mix all dressing ingredients together and refrigerate.
- Bake the chicken strips according to the package directions. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, cut the chicken into bit size chunks.
- On 4 serving plates, mix together some of each of the lettuce and coleslaw mix. Top with cut up chicken, almonds and noodles.
- Drizzle the dressing on top right before serving.
- Serves 4