- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 oz. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- ½ c. Lime Juice
- ¼ c. Tequila (non-alcoholic may be used)
- ½ c. Tortilla Chips
- ¼ c. Mexi-ranch dressing (recipe to follow)
- ¼ c. Shredded Jack Cheddar
- Set oven to broil
- To Prepare Chicken:
- Pour lime juice and tequila into a sealable plastic bag. Place chicken in bag and chill. Marinate chicken over night.
- To Prepare Mexi-ranch dressing:
- In a small bowl mix
- 1T. salsa
- 3T. ranch dressing
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill over medium heat 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- To assemble:
- Scatter tortilla chips on an oven-safe plate.
- Place chicken on top of tortilla chips.
- Pour Mexi-ranch dressing over chicken.
- Cover with the shredded jack cheddar cheese.
- Place chicken under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- Be careful, plate will be hot!
- Serve with pico de gallo and Spanish rice on the side.
NotesI use Laurys Lime marinade. Saves time and tastes the same. My husband does the chicken on the grill, it adds such a great flavor.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More