- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1- cup granulated sugar
- 1- 8oz. carton dairy sour cream
- 2- eggs
- 2- tsp. vanilla
- 2- cups all purpose flour
- 2- tsp. baking powder
- 1/2- tsp. baking soda
- 1/2- tsp. salt
- 1 1/4- cups chopped, peeled tart APPLE
- 1- cup chopped pecans
- 1/4- cup butter or margarine
- 1/4- cup packed brown sugar
- In large mixing bowl beat together granulated sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla on low speed of an electric mixer till combined, then beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to sour cream mixture, beating on low speed till combined. Stir in APPLE and 1/2 cup of the pecans. Turn into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans; press lightly into batter.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 55-60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. (If necessary, cover loosely with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent over browning.) Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine butter or margarine and brown sugar; cook and stir till mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat and boil gently 1 minute. Remove bread from pan. Drizzle top with brown sugar mixture. Makes 1 loaf
NotesI added 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the dry ingredients. Some people, including Applepraline, sometimes have doubled the topping mixture.... depends on personal preference.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More