- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 C thick applesauce
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 - 2 C flour
- Preheat oven - 350'
- Take a loaf pan and grease well - or spray generously (or line it with parchment paper, spray w/Pam)
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg.
- Dissolve soda in applesauce and add.
- Using only 1/2 the flour - sift dry ingredients together and add.
- Add enough more sifted flour to make a stiff batter.
- Pour into lined loaf pan.
- Bake - 350' - 50 - 60 minutes
NotesMy mom liked applesauce cake, but her recipe was a bit bland. She really liked the changes I made. It became one of her favorites.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More