- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 C thick applesauce
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 - 2 C flour
- Preheat oven - 350'
- Take a loaf pan and grease well - or spray generously (or line it with parchment paper, spray w/Pam)
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg.
- Dissolve soda in applesauce and add.
- Using only 1/2 the flour - sift dry ingredients together and add.
- Add enough more sifted flour to make a stiff batter.
- Pour into lined loaf pan.
- Bake - 350' - 50 - 60 minutes
NotesMy mom liked applesauce cake, but her recipe was a bit bland. She really liked the changes I made. It became one of her favorites.
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More