- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 C thick applesauce
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 1/2 - 2 C flour
- Preheat oven - 350'
- Take a loaf pan and line it with Reynolds parchment paper.
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg.
- Dissolve soda in applesauce and add.
- Using only 1/2 the flour - sift dry ingredients together and add.
- Add enough more sifted flour to make a stiff batter.
- Pour into lined loaf pan.
- Bake - 350' - 50 - 60 minutes
NotesMy mom liked applesauce cake, but her recipe was a bit bland. She really liked the changes I made. It became one of her favorites.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More