- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 c white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c thick, unsweetened applesauce
- 2 c flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- (optional- 1 c raisins, 1/2 c nuts)
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add egs. Beat well.
- Add applesauce and continue to mix.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to batter.
- Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Turn into a greased and "sugared-not floured) loaf pan.
- Bake 350' 50 - 60 minutes or till it springs back when touched.
- You may substitute 1/2 c apple butter for 1/2 c applesauce for a spicier cake.
- Let this cake completely cool before turning out of pan and slicing.
- When serving, lightly sprinkle powdered sugar across the slice.
- No frosting is necessary.
- Keeps very well if wrapped tightly in foil (it won't last that long).
- Great for camping. I always bake 2 loaves at a time (double the recipe).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More