- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 c white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 c thick, unsweetened applesauce
- 2 c flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- (optional- 1 c raisins, 1/2 c nuts)
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add egs. Beat well.
- Add applesauce and continue to mix.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to batter.
- Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Turn into a greased and "sugared-not floured) loaf pan.
- Bake 350' 50 - 60 minutes or till it springs back when touched.
- You may substitute 1/2 c apple butter for 1/2 c applesauce for a spicier cake.
- Let this cake completely cool before turning out of pan and slicing.
- When serving, lightly sprinkle powdered sugar across the slice.
- No frosting is necessary.
- Keeps very well if wrapped tightly in foil (it won't last that long).
- Great for camping. I always bake 2 loaves at a time (double the recipe).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More