- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine -- softened
- 1 cup Splenda -- or Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 1/4 cups Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/3 cup Raisins, seedless -- boiled
- 2/3 cup Chopped Walnuts -- or Pecans
- Using a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves in another mixing bowl.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Mix applesauce into batter.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into loaf pan that has been prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking DC 2013
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More