- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine -- softened
- 1 cup Splenda -- or Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 1/4 cups Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/3 cup Raisins, seedless -- boiled
- 2/3 cup Chopped Walnuts -- or Pecans
- Using a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves in another mixing bowl.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Mix applesauce into batter.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into loaf pan that has been prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More