- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine -- softened
- 1 cup Splenda -- or Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 1/4 cups Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/3 cup Raisins, seedless -- boiled
- 2/3 cup Chopped Walnuts -- or Pecans
Using a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light.
Beat in egg.
Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves in another mixing bowl.
Gradually add to creamed mixture.
Mix applesauce into batter.
Stir in raisins and nuts.
Pour into loaf pan that has been prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 hour.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.