- Cooking Time: 10-12
- Servings: 84
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts,
- Cream until light and fluffy shortening and brown sugar.
- Add one at a time, beating after each addition, eggs.
- Stir in milk and applesauce.
- Sift together and add to the above mixture the next seven ingredients (flour to nutmeg).
- Blend in the oats, raisins and walnuts (optional).
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Drop by heaping teaspoonful, 2" apart, onto greased baking sheet and bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.
NotesI make these at Christmas. And I have passed this recipe on to other people.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More