- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (I omitted this because I'm allergic)
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- Nuts or raisins (optional)
- Soak the oats in milk for approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the oat mixture with applesauce and egg whites, and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add nuts or raisins, if desired. **Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough!**
- Spoon batter into 12 prepared muffin cups. Combine cinnamon and sugar and top each muffin with some of the mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until done.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More