- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (I omitted this because I'm allergic)
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- Nuts or raisins (optional)
- Soak the oats in milk for approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the oat mixture with applesauce and egg whites, and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add nuts or raisins, if desired. **Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough!**
- Spoon batter into 12 prepared muffin cups. Combine cinnamon and sugar and top each muffin with some of the mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until done.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Vegan Eats!See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More