- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Beat in applesauce.
- Combine flour, baking soda and spices and stir into creamed mixture.
- Blend in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured Bread 'n Cake Bake pan and cover. Place in slow cooker, cover and bake on High 2 1/2 to 4 hours.
NotesI used a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish to bake in Crock-Pot. It's a little deeper than traditional cake pan, but it fits perfectly in Crock-Pot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegetarian RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More