- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Beat in applesauce.
- Combine flour, baking soda and spices and stir into creamed mixture.
- Blend in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured Bread 'n Cake Bake pan and cover. Place in slow cooker, cover and bake on High 2 1/2 to 4 hours.
NotesI used a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish to bake in Crock-Pot. It's a little deeper than traditional cake pan, but it fits perfectly in Crock-Pot.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More