- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Beat in applesauce.
- Combine flour, baking soda and spices and stir into creamed mixture.
- Blend in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into greased and floured Bread 'n Cake Bake pan and cover. Place in slow cooker, cover and bake on High 2 1/2 to 4 hours.
NotesI used a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish to bake in Crock-Pot. It's a little deeper than traditional cake pan, but it fits perfectly in Crock-Pot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More