- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 pounds McIntosh apples
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. 1. Peel, core and quarter the apples. Place in a saucepan with just enough cold water to cover the bottom of the pan. Add the cinnamon sticks.
- 2. 2. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until the apples are tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- 3. 3. Add the sugar and lemon juice. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4. 4. Remove the cinnamon sticks and press the apples through a food mill.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More