- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 cups granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup cold vegetable shortening, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg white
- cinnamon sugar, to taste
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in the butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Then, then cut in the shortening until it is the size of small peas.
- Stir in the grated cheese.
- Add the water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly with a fork.
- Use just enough water to make a dough which clings together.
- Shape dough into two equal size firm balls with hands.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled, at least one hour.
- Roll out half of dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Fit into 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry at edges of plate with a little overhang.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Spread in the bottom of pastry-lined pie plate.
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients except apples; mix well.
- Add apples, tossing lightly to coat with sugar mixture.
- Fill pastry-lined pie plate with fruit mixture. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining dough and place over top of filling.
- Seal and flute edges; cut vents.
- Decorate top with leftover pastry scraps, if desired.
- Brush top with egg white.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake on bottom oven rack at 450°F for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking for 40-50 minutes or until pastry is golden and fruit is tender.
- time to make 1¼ hours 40 min prep
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Get Fit With Good Food!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More