- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 cups granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup cold vegetable shortening, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg white
- cinnamon sugar, to taste
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in mixing bowl.
- Cut in the butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Then, then cut in the shortening until it is the size of small peas.
- Stir in the grated cheese.
- Add the water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly with a fork.
- Use just enough water to make a dough which clings together.
- Shape dough into two equal size firm balls with hands.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled, at least one hour.
- Roll out half of dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Fit into 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry at edges of plate with a little overhang.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Spread in the bottom of pastry-lined pie plate.
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients except apples; mix well.
- Add apples, tossing lightly to coat with sugar mixture.
- Fill pastry-lined pie plate with fruit mixture. Dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining dough and place over top of filling.
- Seal and flute edges; cut vents.
- Decorate top with leftover pastry scraps, if desired.
- Brush top with egg white.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake on bottom oven rack at 450°F for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350°F and continue baking for 40-50 minutes or until pastry is golden and fruit is tender.
- time to make 1¼ hours 40 min prep
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More