- Cooking Time: 23 to 25
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 4 1-pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, melted
- For pesto, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine basil, apricot halves, pecans, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and garlic. Cover and blend or process with several on-off turns until a paste forms, stopping the machine several times and scraping the sides.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Working from the center to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt.
- Spread pesto on each chicken breast.
- Fold in sides of each piece; roll up from short end into a spiral, pressing edges to seal.
- Secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place the chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill.
- Grill directly over medium coals for 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once halfway through grilling time. Brush with preserves the last 5 minutes of grilling.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More