APRICOT-BLUEBERRY WHOLE-GRAIN FRENCH TOAST
- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time: 10
- French Toast:
- 3 eggs, large or extra-large
- 1/2 cup skim milk (may substitute canned, fat-free evaporated milk)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted, optional
For the French Toast:
Whisk the eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla in a shallow dish until blended.
Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
Dip the bread into the egg mixture, turning to soak both sides; place in the skillet.
Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, turning once.
Cut each into 4 triangles; arrange on serving plates.
Spoon the apricot-blueberry topping over the toast; sprinkle with almonds.