- Servings: 4
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) can apricot halves, undrained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
Flatten to 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
Sprinkle with salt.
Drain apricots, reserving liquid.
Coarsely chop apricots.
Stir together reserved liquid, apricots, juice, and next 3 ingredients.
Combine flour and pepper; dredge chicken in flour mixture.
Cook chicken in hot vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side.
Reduce heat to medium; stir in apricot mixture.
Cook 3 to 5 minutes.
Add onions, and cook 1 minute.
Sprinkle with cilantro.
Serve with Roasted Potato Thins.