- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 2/3 cup packed flaked coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Starting with the brown sugar layer the ingredients in a 1 liter sized glass jar in the order given. Ending with the flour mixture.
- Attach a card with the following directions:
- Apricot Cookies
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Empty the contents of the jar into a large bowl. Using a wooden spoon blend the mixture until well combined.
- 3. Using you hands work in 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine until the mixture resembles coarse
- 4. Beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/4 cup milk. Still using your hands or a wooden spoon blend the egg mixture into the dough until well combined.
- 5. Drop teaspoon sized mounds 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 14 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Place cookies on a rack to finish cooling.
- Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce