- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- (1) 6 oz. bag of dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar + 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 entire lemon
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425. I don't have a scone pan, so I lined a jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
- Combine apricots with 2 Tablespoons of sugar, mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Then stir in apricots and lemon zest.
- Add cream to make a coarse dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and press until dough comes together. Separate into 4 pieces, working each of the 4 until they make a 4 inch square. Cut each into 4 triangular pieces.
- Place all triangles onto the parchment covered pan and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake scones approximately 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.