- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar or 3/4 cup Splenda
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 T. grated orange peel
- 1/2 c. walnuts or pecans (not too fine or coarse, in the middle!)
- Soak apricots in boiling water 5 minutes. Drain and discard liquid.
- Cream sugar and butter, add sour cream, mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture just to combine--don' t
- over beat. Batter will be VERY stiff. Don't worry. Do not thin batter!
- Add drained apricot pieces and nuts and orange peel.
- Pile up (the batter will almost be so thick that you can form balls) into greased muffin
- Heap them high--should make exactly 12.
- Bake 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More