- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar or 3/4 cup Splenda
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 T. grated orange peel
- 1/2 c. walnuts or pecans (not too fine or coarse, in the middle!)
- Soak apricots in boiling water 5 minutes. Drain and discard liquid.
- Cream sugar and butter, add sour cream, mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture just to combine--don' t
- over beat. Batter will be VERY stiff. Don't worry. Do not thin batter!
- Add drained apricot pieces and nuts and orange peel.
- Pile up (the batter will almost be so thick that you can form balls) into greased muffin
- Heap them high--should make exactly 12.
- Bake 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More