- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 cups cooked wild rice
- 3/4 pound dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onions and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Yield: 12 servings.
NotesDried apricots add sweetness and color. Seasoned with sage and thyme, the down-home dish is sure to have guests asking for seconds.
Recipe by Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Court House, New Jersey.
From Light & Tasty
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More