- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 cups cooked wild rice
- 3/4 pound dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onions and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Yield: 12 servings.
NotesDried apricots add sweetness and color. Seasoned with sage and thyme, the down-home dish is sure to have guests asking for seconds.
Recipe by Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Court House, New Jersey.
From Light & Tasty
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More