- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Spray 15 x10-inch pan with sides with cooking spray.
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, salt, garlic powder, ginger and egg until well blended. Shape into 1-inch meatballs; place in pan. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink in center and juice is clear; drain.
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix preserves, hoisin sauce, vinegar and red pepper. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Add drained meatballs and bell pepper. Cook until bell pepper is crisp-tender. Serve with cocktail toothpicks.
NotesAn Asian-inspired sauce raises the flavor standard for ordinary meatballs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More