- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 40
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Spray 15 x10-inch pan with sides with cooking spray.
- Mix beef, bread crumbs, salt, garlic powder, ginger and egg until well blended. Shape into 1-inch meatballs; place in pan. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until no longer pink in center and juice is clear; drain.
- In 2-quart saucepan, mix preserves, hoisin sauce, vinegar and red pepper. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Add drained meatballs and bell pepper. Cook until bell pepper is crisp-tender. Serve with cocktail toothpicks.
NotesAn Asian-inspired sauce raises the flavor standard for ordinary meatballs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More