Apricot Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fy
1/2 cup (47% less sodium) teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch, divided
1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3 teaspoons butter, divided
1 package (8 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
2 cups hot cooked rice
1. Combine teriyaki sauce, apricot preserves and 1 teaspoon cornstarch in a blender container. Blend 30 seconds until smooth; set aside.
2. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
3. Whisk egg white, remaining cornstarch and ginger in large bowl until smooth. Add beef; toss to coat.
4. Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink (do not overcook). Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter and remaining beef. Remove beef from skillet; keep warm.
5. In same skillet, stir-fry sugar snap peas 2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
Return beef to skillet. Carefully stir in apricot sauce. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through. Serve over rice.