- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1/2 cup (47% less sodium) teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch, divided
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 pound)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Combine teriyaki sauce, apricot preserves and 1 teaspoon cornstarch in a blender container. Blend 30 seconds until smooth; set aside.
- 2. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- 3. Whisk egg white, remaining cornstarch and ginger in large bowl until smooth. Add beef; toss to coat.
- 4. Heat 1-1/2 teaspoons butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink (do not overcook). Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter and remaining beef. Remove beef from skillet; keep warm.
- 5. In same skillet, stir-fry sugar snap peas 2 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Return beef to skillet. Carefully stir in apricot sauce. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated through. Serve over rice.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More