- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pound skinless boneless turkey roast
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apricot preserves
- 1 cup reconstituted dried onion soup mix
- 6 slices day-old challah or white bread
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly coat a medium baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the turkey in the baking dish and cover it with the apricot preserves.
- Soak each slice of bread with onion soup. Completely cover the turkey with the bread.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the juices from the turkey run clear. The center of the roast should be slightly pink.
- Mash the bread and serve it with slices of the roasted turkey
NotesFollow the simple steps below for a turkey roast that is amazingly moist and tender. Watch turkey carefully while it cooks and take it out just when it's done. Overcooked turkey is dry and correctly cooked turkey has a texture similar to chicken
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More