- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 12 triangles
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryOur farmers market have some really delicious scones and I thought I would be able to figure out the recipe, but I never did. Along the way I found these scones and my research kind of stopped there.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons whole, old fashion oats
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced uncrystalized candied ginger
- 1/2 cup diced dried apricots, cut into eight pieces each
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, round ginger, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in the sugar, candied ginger and apricots with your hands to distribute all the ingredients evenly. Add the cup of buttermilk gradually, mixing gently to form a soft dough. Add a couple of more tablespoons, if necessary.
- Shape the dough into a ball and knead it briefly on a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough in half and pat each half into a 1/2-inch thick round, 5 inches in diameter. Cut each round into 6 triangles, and transfer the triangles to an ungreased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Just before baking, brush the tops of the scones with buttermilk and sprinkle them with sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the scones are light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.See More
Whole Grain Pizza Crust
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Surprise Oreo BrowniesSee More