- Cooking Time: 60-70
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (2 large)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves (12 ounces)
- 16 chicken drumsticks (4 1/2 pounds)
- Cook shallots and ginger in oil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and boil until reduced by about half, about 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, preserves, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Purée sauce in a blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), then cool to room temperature.
- Divide chicken between 2 large sealable bags and pour marinade over chicken.
- Seal bags, pressing out excess air, and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours. (Chicken can be marinated up to 24 hours.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in middle.
- Line a 17- by 12-inch shallow heavy baking pan with 2 slightly overlapping sheets of foil, then lightly oil foil.
- Arrange chicken (with marinade) in 1 layer in pan.
- Roast chicken, turning once, until deep brown, cooked through, and glazed, about 40 minutes total.
NotesFrom Gourmet Magazine:
Babette's Test Kitchen
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More