- Cooking Time: 60-70
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots (2 large)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peeled ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup apricot preserves (12 ounces)
- 16 chicken drumsticks (4 1/2 pounds)
- Cook shallots and ginger in oil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar and boil until reduced by about half, about 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, preserves, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Purée sauce in a blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), then cool to room temperature.
- Divide chicken between 2 large sealable bags and pour marinade over chicken.
- Seal bags, pressing out excess air, and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours. (Chicken can be marinated up to 24 hours.)
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in middle.
- Line a 17- by 12-inch shallow heavy baking pan with 2 slightly overlapping sheets of foil, then lightly oil foil.
- Arrange chicken (with marinade) in 1 layer in pan.
- Roast chicken, turning once, until deep brown, cooked through, and glazed, about 40 minutes total.
NotesFrom Gourmet Magazine:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More