- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 roasting chickens, cut into pieces
- 1 (12-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 pinches salt
- 20 grinds black pepper
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 to 30 sage leaves
- 2 chipotle chiles and 2 tbsp adobo sauce (canned)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Trim any extra fat from the chicken pieces and transfer them to a large roasting pan or broiler pan. If you don't have a roasting pan that's large enough, use 2 identical 13 by 9-inch baking pans.
- Blend all of the ingredients(except the sage) together in a blender.
- Mix marinade with the chicken until the chicken is evenly coated with the sauce. Arrange the chicken pieces skin-side up in the pan, spaced evenly apart.
- Top with sage leaves
- If you're looking to prepare in advance, you can do everything up to this point and cover the roasting dishes and refrigerate until you're ready to roast the chicken.
- Roast, uncovered, until the tops of the chicken pieces are browned and the chicken is cooked through, and the juices run clear, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More