- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 roasting chickens, cut into pieces
- 1 (12-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 pinches salt
- 20 grinds black pepper
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 to 30 sage leaves
- 2 chipotle chiles and 2 tbsp adobo sauce (canned)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Trim any extra fat from the chicken pieces and transfer them to a large roasting pan or broiler pan. If you don't have a roasting pan that's large enough, use 2 identical 13 by 9-inch baking pans.
- Blend all of the ingredients(except the sage) together in a blender.
- Mix marinade with the chicken until the chicken is evenly coated with the sauce. Arrange the chicken pieces skin-side up in the pan, spaced evenly apart.
- Top with sage leaves
- If you're looking to prepare in advance, you can do everything up to this point and cover the roasting dishes and refrigerate until you're ready to roast the chicken.
- Roast, uncovered, until the tops of the chicken pieces are browned and the chicken is cooked through, and the juices run clear, about 35 to 40 minutes.