- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into quarters
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- food coloring
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- Mix meat, salsa, corn, carrot and bread crumbs until well blended; press evenly into 9-inch pie plate.
- BAKE 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes and cauliflower in large saucepan.
- Add enough water to completely cover vegetables.
- Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- DRAIN liquid from vegetables.
- Add milk and salt to vegetables in saucepan; mash with hand masher or electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Spread over meat mixture to resemble a frosted cake.
NotesThis recipe seems to be such a classic "april fool's" recipe so I'm not sure where I first saw it!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More