- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pound cake
- 1 C frosting
- yellow & red food coloring
- Cut the pound cake into bread-like slices and toast them in a toaster oven just until they turn golden brown.
- Once they've cooled for a few minutes, stack two slices for each sandwich and cut the stack in half diagonally (slicing the sandwich before you fill it makes for fewer crumbs).
- Now tint the frosting by stirring in a few drops of yellow and red food coloring (more yellow than red) to get a shade of orange that resembles American cheese.
- Carefully spread frosting between the slices of each half sandwich.
- If you mound the frosting on one slice, then top it with the other and gently press down, the frosting will ooze out a bit and look all the more like melted cheese.
- Makes one sandwich.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More