- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 0.8 lb leftover risotto* (400g)
- 2.8 oz mozzarella (80g), cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil (475ml)
- *if leftover risotto is not on hand, add a generous amount of grated parmigiano cheese and a small amount of tomato sauce to boiled salted arborio rice
- Grab a handful of leftover risotto and shape into a 2 1/2-inch diameter ball.
- Press a hole in the middle with your thumb and place a few cubes of mozzarella cheese inside.
- Reshape rice ball until mozzarella is fully enclosed.
- Roll each rice ball into beaten egg and coat evenly with breadcrumbs.
- In a deep saucepan, heat extra virgin olive oil and gently place rice balls in hot oil without overcrowding.
- Make sure the olive oil is hot before rice balls are added, otherwise the rice balls will become heavy.
- Fry rice balls for a few minutes on each side until golden.
- Place rice balls on paper towels to absorb any excess oil. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Notesby David Rocco
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More