- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 0.8 lb leftover risotto* (400g)
- 2.8 oz mozzarella (80g), cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil (475ml)
- *if leftover risotto is not on hand, add a generous amount of grated parmigiano cheese and a small amount of tomato sauce to boiled salted arborio rice
- Grab a handful of leftover risotto and shape into a 2 1/2-inch diameter ball.
- Press a hole in the middle with your thumb and place a few cubes of mozzarella cheese inside.
- Reshape rice ball until mozzarella is fully enclosed.
- Roll each rice ball into beaten egg and coat evenly with breadcrumbs.
- In a deep saucepan, heat extra virgin olive oil and gently place rice balls in hot oil without overcrowding.
- Make sure the olive oil is hot before rice balls are added, otherwise the rice balls will become heavy.
- Fry rice balls for a few minutes on each side until golden.
- Place rice balls on paper towels to absorb any excess oil. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Notesby David Rocco
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More