- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pancetta, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup smoked mozzarella, cubed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Set up three shallow pans for coating rice balls: one with 1 cup of breadcrumbs, one with flour, and one with 2 eggs, beaten. Set aside.
- Cook pancetta in a large, deep pan until crisp and browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and leave any grease in the pan.
- In a large bowl, toss rice with pancetta, two eggs, basil, 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add about an inch or two of oil to the pancetta pan and heat over medium high while you prepare the rice balls.
- Using a large muffin scoop, scoop out rice mixture, press a cube of mozzarella inside and top with enough rice to cover.
- Release the scoop into your hand and press firmly into a ball.
- Dredge in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. Repeat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once your oil is ready (either it has reached 350 degrees or a wooden spoon handle dipped in the oil creates bubbles), drop balls a few at a time into hot oil.
- Once golden (about 3 minutes) turn to cook the other side.
- Remove from oil with a slotted spoon and set on paper towels.
- Once all of the arancini is fried, place them on a baking sheet.
- Warm them in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of tomato sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More