- Cooking Time: 45 min
- Preparation Time: 40 min
- 400 g rice
- 1 package of saffron
- 4 eggs
- 40 g grated pecorino
- 250 g ground beef
- 4 tblspoons flour
- 4 tblspoons breadcrumbs
- 100 ml white wine
- 70 g peas
- 80 g tomato paste
- 1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 cellery stalk
- 100 g caciocavallo cheese (can be substited with provolone, mozzarella or soft pecorino)
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- For ragù:
- Cook peas in a saucepan with 1tblsp of oil and 2 tblsp water for 10 minutes.
- Chop finely onion, carrot and celery and sautè for a few minutes with 3 tblspoons of olive oil and 3 sage leaves.
- Add the meat and stir fry, then add the wine and let it evaporate.
- In the end, add peas and tomato paste. Add salt and pepper to your taste
- and cook for about 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil rice until al dente.
- Drain and place in a bowl.
- Dissolve the saffron in 2 beaten eggs and add to the rice. Add pecorino as well, mix and let it cool.
- Cook peas in a saucepan with 1tbls of oil and 2 tblsp water for 10 minutes.
- Take a spoonful of rice and form a ball. Make a hole in the ball and put a tablespoon of ragù and a piece of cheese inside. Close with some more rice, forming a ball again. It helps if you wet your hands with water when doing this, as it can get real sticky.
- Dust the balls with flour, dip in the beaten egg and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Deepfry in boiling oil until golden, place them on several layers of kitchen paper. Serve warm.
NotesThese "rice balls" are typical Sicilian dish, that varies from town to town - they can be round, oval or pear shaped, filled with ragù, prosciutto, only cheese, cheese and prosciutto, etc.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More