- Cooking Time: 8-12 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10-120 minutes
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/4 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sharp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of kosher salt
- 4 8oz Argentinian or skirt steaks
- To make the chimichurri (sauce): Place parsley, bay leaves, red pepper flakes, garlic, paprika, cumin, oregano, vinegar, olive oil and salt, to taste, in a food processor.
- Pulse until well-combined. Put chimichurri in a glass or plastic container, using as needed. For best results, cover bowl in plastic wrap and let sauce stand for 2 hours before using. Chimichurri will keep for up to 6 months. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
- To grill steaks: Prepare a medium-hot fire in the grill, or set oven broiler to low.
- Season steaks with kosher salt. Place steaks on the grill and cook to desired doneness, about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a serving dish and spoon chimichurri over each steak. Serve immediately.
NotesMy boyfriend is from Venice, Italy, and LOVES this stuff. His Mama made it for him all the time and I wanted to give him a taste of home when he comes to visit me. This is super-easy, very flavorful and a great alternative to plain ol' American steak and potatoes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More