ARIBA! PEPPER JACK BEER CHEESE SPREAD
Ariba! Pepper Jack Beer Cheese Spread
- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 8 cups
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups (16-ounces) shredded mild Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded Pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded habanera jack cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce or tomatillo sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle of Corona beer
In a mixing bowl with mixer on low speed, combine the cheeses with garlic,the Worcestershire & picante sauce, spices, liquid smoke.
Slowly add beer until mixture binds to make a spreadable mixture. You may not use all of the beer.
Place in a crock or serving dish; cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
Flavor improves over next 24 hours.
Garnish with a green pepper strip or a few jalapeno slices.
Serve with an assortment of crackers, thick pretzels, chips or celery sticks.
Recipe can be halved.