- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 8 cups
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups (16-ounces) shredded mild Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded Pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded habanera jack cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce or tomatillo sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle of Corona beer
- In a mixing bowl with mixer on low speed, combine the cheeses with garlic,the Worcestershire & picante sauce, spices, liquid smoke.
- Slowly add beer until mixture binds to make a spreadable mixture. You may not use all of the beer.
- Place in a crock or serving dish; cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- Flavor improves over next 24 hours.
- Garnish with a green pepper strip or a few jalapeno slices.
- Serve with an assortment of crackers, thick pretzels, chips or celery sticks.
- Recipe can be halved.
NotesThis is a southwestern adaptation to a basic beer cheese spread. Great along with a hot black bean dip and a bowl of Texas chili con carne on game night. Feel free to adjust the heat by varying the ratio's of cheese, the heat level of the picante sauce, the chili powder or spice it up even more by adding some chopped jalapeno or chipolte pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More