- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 8 cups
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups (16-ounces) shredded mild Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded Pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded habanera jack cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons picante sauce or tomatillo sauce
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle of Corona beer
- In a mixing bowl with mixer on low speed, combine the cheeses with garlic,the Worcestershire & picante sauce, spices, liquid smoke.
- Slowly add beer until mixture binds to make a spreadable mixture. You may not use all of the beer.
- Place in a crock or serving dish; cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.
- Flavor improves over next 24 hours.
- Garnish with a green pepper strip or a few jalapeno slices.
- Serve with an assortment of crackers, thick pretzels, chips or celery sticks.
- Recipe can be halved.
NotesThis is a southwestern adaptation to a basic beer cheese spread. Great along with a hot black bean dip and a bowl of Texas chili con carne on game night. Feel free to adjust the heat by varying the ratio's of cheese, the heat level of the picante sauce, the chili powder or spice it up even more by adding some chopped jalapeno or chipolte pepper.
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More