- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- -As many LARGE strawberries as you want to make (large strawberries can be hard to find if they are not in season, so small ones can work too, but are simply not as good or as handy to use for dipping in the chocolate)
- -3 bars of Hershey's milk chocolate
- -3 bars of Dark Chocolate (your choice)
- -3 bars of White Chocolate (your choice)
- Some of the gourmet chocolate bars in the candy aisle are REALLY good to use.
- You'll need a Double Boiler, so make sure you have one handy. Cut the green tops off the ends of all the strawberries and wash the strawberries. Have them laid out and ready on your countertop. In the double boiler, heat the milk chocolate bars, stirring constantly so the melted chocolate won't burn. When the chocolate is melted, stab a strawberry with a fork and dip it almost all the way into the chocolate, but leave a bit of the strawberry showing. Repeat until yuo have as many MILK chocolate covered strawberries as you wish.
- Clean out the top of your double boiler where the melted chocolate was and start the process again with the dark chocolate...and then again with the white chocolate.
- Lay the covered strawberries on wax paper to cool as soon as you dip them. Put them in the refrigerator to harden the chocolate. In the morning you will have a delicious treat.
NotesNothing difficult about this recipe! I made these chocolate-covered strawberries one summer, brought them into work, and they were a big hit! Now they are sort of like a signature dish of mine, because whenever I have to bring something somewhere (and that something is a dessert), this is what the people want! :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More