- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cans of kidney beans (1 light, 1 dark)
- -1 can of stewed tomatoes
- -1 green pepper
- -1 Vidallia (sweet) onion
- -1 lb of lean ground beef
- -1/3 cup of chilli powder
- -1 can corn (optional)
- -2 TB of A1 Steak Sauce
- -Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Chop up pepper and onion. In a large pot, brown beef. When meat is browned, reduce heat to medium and add pepper and onion. Add the can of stewed tomatoes. Stir occasionally to mix all contents. Add the first can of kidney beans WITHOUT draining it. Stir. Add the second can of kidney beans DRAINED. Add drained can of corn if desired (I often make this without corn). Add the A1 Steak Sauce (consider it the secret ingredient ;). Stir. Add a little bit of the 1/3 cup of chilli powder. Place lid on pot and let the contents simmer for a few minutes, then stir and add a little more chilli poweder. Cover and let simmer again for 10 minutes, stirring if needed. Add the rest of the chilli powder and stir the contents. Simmer covered until all veggies are cooked (no longer crispy). Serve with cheddar cheese on top and with a side of cornbread.
NotesI learned how to make this chilli from watching my dad as a kid and from adding my own flavor and tastes here and there until I came up with this.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Babette's Test Kitchen
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More