- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryI was introduced to this recipe several years ago, and it has become a family favorite! Enjoy!
- 5 (15 ounce) cans of green beans, drained (note: you can substitute a similar amount of frozen green beans, about 4 (12 ounce) thawed , or you can use fresh green beans, too!)
- 12 slices of bacon
- 2/3 cups of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 7 tsp. of soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the drained green beans in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Cook bacon until bacon strips are cooked enough to chop into large pieces (they should be done, but not real crispy). Sprinkle the bacon pieces on top of the green beans.
- Combine the brown sugar, melted butter, soy sauce, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Pour this mixture over the green beans and bacon. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.