ARLENE'S CRAB CAKES
- Cooking Time: approx 15 min in fry pan
- Servings: 6 crab cakes
- 1 # of Crab (picked over for shell) ( I like the lump crab meat)
- 2 slices of white bread, crusts removed- cubed
- 3 TBSP Mayo
- 1 TBP fresh lemon juice (About ½ of a lemon)
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Green onions, white part only and thinly sliced
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 TBSP Fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
- Touch of Cayenne (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pancho bread crumbs
In a bowl mix together the following:
3 TBSP Mayo
1 TBP fresh lemon juice (About ½ of a lemon)
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning
½ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 Green onions, white part only and thinly sliced
1 egg beaten
1 TBSP Fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
Touch of Cayenne (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Add this mixed mixture to the cubed bread and mix well . Let set for about 10 minutes until the bread soaks up the mayo mixture.
GENTLY add the 1 pounds of crab (picked over) to this mixture. If too moist, add a little breadcrumb to hold together.
Form into 4 oz balls. BE GENTLE.
Lightly coat with Pancho breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet, cover with saran and refrigerator from 1 to 5 hours. Setting helps them hold together. Don’t skip this step.
To Cook: add about 2 TBSP butter and ¼ cup olive oil to heavy pan. HEAT.
Then add the cakes and cook until golden on each side.
Serve with Tartar Sauce.
1 pound of crab will usually make 6 crab cakes
I have also frozen after cooked then just reheated.