- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 jalapen peppers
- Monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Bread crumbs
- Canola oil
- Slit jalapeno peppers down the side.
- Fill medium pot with 2 quarts of water and parboil peppers for 3 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from water and place on paper towels to drain.
- Stuff peppers with cheese and roll in flour, Set aside.
- Beat eggs and water together.
- Dip floured peppers in the egg mixture, set aside.
- Dredge prepared peppers in the bread crumb mixture.
- Fry in small amount of oil in a skillet over low heat.
- Armadillo eggs are done when they turn golden brown and the cheese starts to melt.
NotesOpt for shredded cheese over sliced cheese. It is easier to stuff cheese in the peppers when it is shredded.
Do not overheat oil. This will cause dangerous splattering that and could burn the armadillo eggs.
I rec'd this in an email today. I only have two jalapeÃ±os. I'll get more and make these for Friday night
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
The Naked MacaronSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More