- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 armadillo, dressed and cleaned
- 4 large onions,chopped
- 1 stalk celery,chopped
- 2 bell peppers,chopped
- 2 cans chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups wild rice, uncooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 cups armadillo broth
- Boil armadillo until tender; reserve broth.
- Remove meat from bones.
- Cook onions, celery and peppers in butter until tender.
- Add mushrooms and meat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put in a large baking pan or dutch oven and add 10 cups of hot broth; add rice, salt and pepper; stir.
- Place in 375 degrees F. oven and cook until tender.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More