- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 1-1/2 cups Water
- 1 Small Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon Powder, for garnish
- (This is enough for 8 servings)
- In a Medium pot, Add the water, cinnamon stick and the rice until rice is soft, about 10 minutes or so. (When it starts boiling turn it down to medium heat.)
- Add the milk, salt, vanilla and sugar. Bring to just under a boil and turn down heat, uncovered, until it gets thick and rice has absorbed most of the milk. Cook at medium-low heat, uncovered, until it
- gets thick and rice has absorbed most of the milk. (The recipe tells you to stir once in a while, but I do it about every 15 minutes.) Simmer it for about an hour.
- Fish out the cinnamon stick and pour into a bowl or several individual bowls
- and sprinkle with powdered cinnamon.
NotesMy Mother loved Arroz con Leche. On any given night she would get old rice and make some. It was delicious. One of the few things she would cook for us. My dad, the "Chef" would do the cooking in my household.
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More