- Cooking Time: 15 to 22
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup raisins, currents, or dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine in a large pan rice, milk, half of the cream, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and salt.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine remaining cream and eggs and whisk into rice mixture in a slow stream.
- Add fruit and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Best when served warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More