- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoonful salt
- 1 teaspoonful cloves
- 1 tablespoonful crushed fresh ginger
- 1 14-oz can coconut cream such as Coco Lopez
- 1 cup regular, uncooked, short-grain rice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoonful cooking oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- For best results, soak rice in water for about two hours prior to cooking. Drain.
- Add the salt, cloves and ginger to three cups of water in a deep sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Sieve through a colander to remove the remnants of the spices.
- Bring to a boil once again. Add the coconut cream, rice, sugar and oil. Cook covered over medium-low heat for about twenty minutes. Add the raisins and blend in. Continue to cook, uncovered, until the rice has absorbed all the water (about fifteen more minutes).
- Cooking times vary depending on your climate and elevation from sea level. Don't worry: this recipe is very forgiving of cooking lapses. Just don't overcook!
- Pour into a square or rectangular dish about one inch high and allow to cool. Sprinkle ground cinnamon or cinnamon sugar on the pudding and cut in two-inch squares for your diners.
- It is equally enjoyable after refrigeration. It will keep for several days, well covered in the refrigerator.
NotesPuerto Rican rice pudding - made with coconut milk and coconut cream as apposed to only cow milk or cream used elsewhere.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Special SmoothiesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More