- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups cubed, cooked pork roast
- 1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 small onions, chopped
- cooking oil
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can pigeon peas or gandules
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- green onions, chopped (optional)
- In a pan, coat the bottom with a little oil and saute garlic & onions.
- Add cooked pork and brown just a little.
- Add rice and stir to coat with oil.
- Add can of tomatoes, undrained.
- Add can of pigeon peas.
- Add water and cover.
- Simmer over medium low heat, stirring occassionally.
- Season to taste.
- Garnish with chopped green onion
NotesTonight I made use of my previously cooked pork roast that was roasted with citrus seasoning. One of my favorite pork dishes is Arroz Con Gandules, a Puerto Rican dish. Puerto Rico's national dish is called Arroz con Gandules which is a rice-and-pigeon-pea dish nicely seasoned with a sofrito and smoked ham. I substituted the traditional smoked ham with roasted pork.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More