- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice (no salt, no oil!) (could use white rice also)
- 1 cup of low-fat milk
- 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup of Canola oil
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of orange peel powder (if using fresh orange peel, add it to the rice mixture)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons of port wine
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a blender combine brown rice, low-fat milk, sweetened condensed milk and oil. Puree until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and orange peel powder. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add rice mixture, eggs and port wine. Stir just until combined. Fill cupcake holders with about 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350F for 22-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 12-15.
- Orange Icing
- 6 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of orange juice
- ground cinnamon to decorate
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, powdered sugar and orange juice; stirring until smooth. Spread over cupcakes and sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!
NotesThis recipe was created by Gretchen Noelle at http://canelaycomino.blogspot.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Cooking with SabraSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More