- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA really great tapa that will get you many compliments. Really simple to make. The original recipe was by Roxanne. I have served this at many of my "Wine and Tapa" parties and was always pleased by the response.
- 8 tapa servings
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seads removed and diced
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast lightly under the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, mix marinated artichoke hearts, Romano or Parmesan cheese, red onion, crushed garlic, diced tomato and mayonnaise.
- Top the lightly toasted French baguette slices with equal amounts of the artichoke heart mixture being careful to spread the mixture over the entire surface.
- The edges of the bread will tend to burn if not covered by the artichoke mixture.
- Arrange slices in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven 2 minutes, or until toppings are bubbly and lightly browned.