Why I Love This Recipe
A twist on the classic recipe with artichoke and bocconcini.
Ingredients You'll Need
½ an Italian Style Baguette, sliced and each slice halved (about 14 pieces)
2 Tbsp. EVOO
170ml jar Quartered Artichoke Hearts marinated in Oil & Spices
1 Roma Tomato, seeded and diced
½ Red Onion, diced
7 Bocconcini, halved
¼ Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
¼ Tsp. Roasted Garlic
2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
2 Tbsp. Artichoke Oil
Sea Salt / Black Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Brush oil on the tops of the sliced bread and line them on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 5 – 7 Minutes until lightly browned.
3. Combine artichokes, tomato, onion, roasted garlic, parsley, basil, and artichoke oil from the jar. Toss and season with salt / pepper.
4. Remove the toasts from the oven and adjust the oven to BROIL on 500 F
5. Use a TBSP. and your fingers to top the toasts with the artichoke bruschetta. Make sure each toast gets a half a bocconcini and a little of everything else.
6. Return to the oven for 2 or 3 minutes until the cheese begins to melt.
7. Serve and enjoy!