- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1.5-2 lbs. bulk Italian Sausage (If you're in MN, we prefer Sicilian from Morelli’s on the East Side for a little more spice)
- Two 14 oz cans artichokes, drained
- Three 14 oz cans whole Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 pkg dry Lipton Onion Soup mix
- 4 cups of water
- ½ tsp. Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp. dried Oregano
- ½ tsp. dried Basil
- Brown lightly salted sausage and drain. Add remaining ingredients, stir to mix and heat to a boil. Simmer 1 hour. Break up tomatoes and artichokes when tender. The soup freezes awesome.
NotesThis has become a HUGE family favorite that we have now shared with many friends who have now adopted it as their own too! We eat this year round and I can never make less than a double batch or there is much disappointment.
Submitted by: "Katie Bernier"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Growers' Giveback Potluck
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More