- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled
- 4 ounces fresh arugula
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6-8 ounces baby spinach and arugula
- Toasted pine nuts, for garnish Shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until soft, 40 minutes. Meanwhile, add arugula to another pot of boiling water for 10 seconds. Drain; run under cold water. Pat dry and chop fine.
- Cool cooked potatoes for 5 minutes, then peel and mash smooth. Combine with chopped arugula, flour, salt, and egg to make a dough ball. Divide into 5 pieces. Roll each piece on a lightly floured surface into a log about �-inch thick. Cut each log into 1-inch pieces. (If freezing, place on a baking sheet and cover tightly with plastic; when frozen, transfer to zip-top bags.)
- 3. Bring 3 quarts lightly salted water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook until they float. Drain.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add cooked gnocchi; season with kosher salt and dash of pepper. When browned, turn and cook other side for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, and vinegar; cook 2 minutes. Add water; cook 3 minutes. Toss in parsley and taste for salt and pepper.
- On plates, top spinach and arugula with gnocchi and sauce; garnish with nuts and cheese.
- PER SERVING: 260 cal, 36% fat cal, 11g fat, 2g sat fat, 35mg chol, 6g protein, 36g carb, 3g fiber, 326mg sodium
- (taken from Delicious Living)
NotesMaking gnocchi sounds complicated, but it's actually fairly easy. They can be frozen for later use; just add a couple more minutes to the cooking time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More