Ashcakes Chia Parfait with Fresh Fruit
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 & 1/4 cup coconut milk, or other non dairy milk
2 tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 cup macadamia nut strawberry cream (separate recipe located in this e-cookbook)
1/4 cup seasonal fresh fruit
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Mix chia seeds, milk of choice, maple syrup and salt in a sealable container.
2. Seal in container and let set in fridge for 1 hour.
3. Take it out of the fridge, shake it up (make sure that lid is tight!), and return to fridge for at least 4 ours (or overnight).
Building Your Parfait:
1. Chia Pudding.
2. Macadamia nut strawberry cream.
3. Fruit of choice.
4. Chia pudding.
5. Macadamia nut strawberry cream.
6. Top with a few pieces of your fruit.
*Tasty Tip: Finish the parfait with a sprig of mint for presentation!
Pairs Well With
This was the "5 Ingredient Challenge" recipe for Episode 9 of The Vegan Roadie in San Francisco, CA.
This recipe is inspired by my dear friend, Canada based holistic nutritionist-pharmacist-plant based chef, Ashley Madden. You can find out more about her and her recipes at www.ashleymadden.ca. It's an excellent resource for delicious and healthy recipes free of oils, toxins, meat and dairy! We heart her. (And she hearts Beyonce as much as I do). This recipe takes some time for soaking the Chia seeds, but layered with my Macadamia Nut Strawberry Cream (separate recipe located in this e-cookbook) it's a bright, delicious and healthy sweet treat. AND you can add your favorite seasonal fruits to mix in. Score!
Show me YOUR creation @theveganroadie on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter. #5IC #kaledit