- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) (I used Italian flavor)
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese (I used more)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Put pork between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/4 thick (or you could just buy thin sliced pork chops).
- Put egg white in a shallow dish. Combine the panko, asiago and salt and pepper in a separate shallow dish. I seasoned my pork chops before dipping in egg.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip one piece of pork into the egg and then press both sides of into the cheese mixture until itfs covered. Place in skillet and repeat with remaining pork.
- Cook 4-5 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Plate the pork and squeeze 1 lemon wedge over each piece followed by a sprinkling of thyme.
- Note: You can find the recipe for the Sweet Pea & Pepper Toss in my Recipe Box!
NotesOMGoodness, these are the best pork chops I've ever made! We love asiago cheese and panko bread crumbs and with these 2 things mixed together, they made the best pork chops in the world! I served these with Sweet Pea & Pepper Toss which was posted with the pork chop recipe! DH favorite veggie is peas so he was in heaven with this meal! He even complimented me and said, I made a gourmet meal! Ok, I'll take that! If you like pork chops, you've got to try these!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More