ASIAGO CRUSTED PORK CHOPS
Asiago Crusted Pork Chops
- 4 boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) (I used Italian flavor)
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese (I used more)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
Put pork between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/4 thick (or you could just buy thin sliced pork chops).
Put egg white in a shallow dish. Combine the panko, asiago and salt and pepper in a separate shallow dish. I seasoned my pork chops before dipping in egg.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Dip one piece of pork into the egg and then press both sides of into the cheese mixture until itfs covered. Place in skillet and repeat with remaining pork.
Cook 4-5 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cooked through.
Plate the pork and squeeze 1 lemon wedge over each piece followed by a sprinkling of thyme.
Note: You can find the recipe for the Sweet Pea & Pepper Toss in my Recipe Box!