- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) (I used Italian flavor)
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese (I used more)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 lemon wedges
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Put pork between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to about 1/4 thick (or you could just buy thin sliced pork chops).
- Put egg white in a shallow dish. Combine the panko, asiago and salt and pepper in a separate shallow dish. I seasoned my pork chops before dipping in egg.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip one piece of pork into the egg and then press both sides of into the cheese mixture until itfs covered. Place in skillet and repeat with remaining pork.
- Cook 4-5 minutes per side or until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Plate the pork and squeeze 1 lemon wedge over each piece followed by a sprinkling of thyme.
- Note: You can find the recipe for the Sweet Pea & Pepper Toss in my Recipe Box!
NotesOMGoodness, these are the best pork chops I've ever made! We love asiago cheese and panko bread crumbs and with these 2 things mixed together, they made the best pork chops in the world! I served these with Sweet Pea & Pepper Toss which was posted with the pork chop recipe! DH favorite veggie is peas so he was in heaven with this meal! He even complimented me and said, I made a gourmet meal! Ok, I'll take that! If you like pork chops, you've got to try these!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More